Reliance Home Comfort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Apprentice Technician Class 2
at Reliance Home Comfort
To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
Position: HVAC Apprentice Technician Class 2
Location: Windsor, ON
Reports to: Operations Manager
Reliance Home Comfort is proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2016 & Glassdoor: Best Places to Work 2018 !
The importance of culture in driving our success has long been endorsed internally at Reliance – it is our Home Team Advantage. Congratulations to our team members for living our guiding principles with a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an unwavering focus on customer service.
Our “Better is Better” culture has inspired us to offer a Team Member Technical Training Assistance Program. We are proud to support our Team Members by offering tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave above employment insurance while they further their education. Join our team today!
Click here to discover why our Team Members are Proud to be Reliance – and why you will be too.
Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership is Canada's leader in home and commercial services, and energy saving solutions, employing over 2,200 team members. Reliance provides water heaters, water purification, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC products in addition to plumbing and protection plans to more than 1.7 million customers across Canada.
Reliance is a $750 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years. We are proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2016! Also a Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work winner, Reliance is passionate about our Team Members’ growth and success! This is why we proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program. Eligible Team Members have access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave above employment insurance for the opportunity to progress in their career, and maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry. Contact us today at R2@reliancecomfort.com to learn more.
We are proud of our long-standing partnerships with Habitat for Humanity and the United Way. In 2017, Reliance team members participated in 40 Habitat Build Days across Canada, donating well over 2,600 volunteer hours to help build 48 Habitat homes in the communities in which we live and work. Reliance and its manufacturer partners are proud to donate $300,000 worth of HVAC and Water Heater equipment and installation hours. Over the past six years, Reliance and its team members have also donated over $2 Million to United Way chapters across Canada.
- Appliance installation, maintenance and repairs for residential customers.
- General and other inspections of all types of appliances for residential users.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor or designate.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Explain the benefits of newer high efficient equipment to the customer.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat clean and safe standard.
- Promote Reliance Home Comfort products and services on every call.
- Wear Company provided uniform.
- Must never sell the customer a repair they do not need.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
The qualifications required for this position should be considered before any application is submitted.
- Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications and have completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must be an installer or technician.
- Must have Gas Technician ‘2’ (G2) license.
- Must supply required information as set out by MTCU to enroll in the Apprenticeship program.
- Must be accepted by MTCU and keep up all fees, required licenses, and progress in a timely manner.
- Must be effective at HVAC lead generation and CPP enrollments.
- Must have demonstrated a strong of technical, customer service skills and company metrics in current and previous roles.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- Must be able to progress through all levels of this apprenticeship in a timely manner.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (ie. Electronics/ electricity/pressures).
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.