Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer (BS Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical P.E. required) to fill an opening in our Salt Lake City office to perform forensic investigations. This candidate will work either in the areas of:
- HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems and components and common household items
- Industrial machinery systems and components, vehicle systems and components, and vehicle accident reconstruction (VAR).
The primary focus of the work will be on the determination of the cause & origin of failures, accidents, or incidents involving such equipment and components, as well as the evaluation of accidents and safety issues. Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of system, component, product and material failures, and review of reported incidents and accidents, for the purpose of resolving claims and legal disputes.
The right candidate will be able to prepare both oral and written reports that document various causes of failure, extent of loss, and often recommended remediation, as well as providing opinions and expert testimony. Other duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and overseeing laboratory testing by third parties. Must possess strong communication skills and be able to deliver presentations to clients for the purposes of both litigation support and marketing. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to perform inspections in confined spaces and under vehicles. Must perform under pressure and respond to aggressive client schedule demands.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, P.E. License in Utah and/or ability to obtain additional PE licenses in neighboring states by reciprocity.
- 5+ years professional experience forensic engineering or 10+ years of background or design experience in either HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, industrial, or automotive engineering. Multiple skill sets are preferable, but not required.
- Previous Vehicle Accident Reconstruction Experience, ACTAR certification and/or ASE certified mechanic or equivalent are all considered pluses, but are not required.
- Independent judgment, initiative, strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills are all required in this position, along with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a challenging and rewarding career, a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.