Rocky Mountain SER
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook Aide - Grand Junction, CO
at Rocky Mountain SER
We are currently seeking a Cook Aide for our Early Learning Center in Grand Junction, CO. This position is a regular part time, school year position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Responsible for maintaining the day to day Food Service Operation for all Centers.
• Responsible for planning meals and snacks with the assistance of the Cook II and Nutrition Coordinator, that is nutritionally sound, meets the Child and Adult Care Food Program requirements and enjoyed by the children.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen that meets health and safety standards.
• Responsible for the up-keep of all kitchen equipment.
• Responsible for obtaining all food and non-food items orders from center kitchens and ordering the same for the necessary weekly food service preparation.
• Responsible for reviewing menu production records on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for maintaining binder with food labels (ingredients).
• Responsible for preparing and delivering meals that are nutritious, eye appealing and palatable to children.
• Responsible for maintaining an on-going inventory of equipment for kitchen.
• Willing to work directly with children, families and teaching staff regarding food preparation and nutritious needs through in-service, workshops, trainings, and handouts.
• Attends meetings and/or trainings as required and/or approved by supervisor.
• May be required to assist Cook II with staff, parent and children's nutritional education.
• If operating a vehicle you must have a valid driver's license and current State of Colorado mandated insurance on the vehicle.
• Must have a clean DMV record.
• Must feel comfortable driving in adverse conditions at times.
• Must be able to maintain a timely route in a safe manner.
• Responsible for tracking and logging mileage of food transportation vehicle.
• Maintain cleanliness of delivery vehicle interior weekly.
• Responsible for completing a pre and post inspection of food transportation vehicle.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Food handler's card preferred