Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Premedia Personalization Technician
at RR Donnelley
VDC programmer to utilize GMC Print Net T software and Visual Basic, C# and other modern programming and scripting languages to develop complex variable direct mail programs based on customer specific business rules and requirements generating print ready file streams in PDF, AFP, and PPML that will be consumed and printing on state of the art digital imaging presses.
- Analyze and identify relationships and process source data (Customer supplied XML and flat file sources, RRD supplied presorted data sources)
- Import/define source file and field layouts using GMC Print Net T
- Develop appropriate test cases and work with our programming QA team to thoroughly test and validate the logic of the programs internally and with the customer
- Define and build output ready file streams for our state of the art digital imaging presses.
- Develop turnkey automation solutions for repeatable programs with consistent data sources, content, business rules and requirements using FMC Print Net T, Visual Basic, C# and other modern programming and scripting languages
- Occasional communication directly with the customer for requirements gathering
- Thorough and clear program documentation
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
GMC Print Net T experience is desired, but not required.
Knowledge of PDF workflows, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Visual Basic, Perl Scripting, Microsoft Access, Quark Express is a plus.
Coding and analysis skills are more important than specific programming tool experience.
Ability to interact with external and internal customers for critical analysis, requirements discovery, test case development and work change management.
Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must.
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Must be able to work in a fast paced deadline driven team environment.
Knowledge of direct mail and Postal regulations/guidelines is a plus.
Minimum Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. (Experience in lieu of education will be considered.)
Experience in flat file analysis and processing is required.
At least 1+ year experience in software development/coding, systems analysis and data transformation. 2 or more years preferred.