Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RR Donnelley
Tewell Warren Printing – Denver, CO
The Supervisor - Manufacturing is responsible for the day-to-day operations and continuous improvement of the production facility (Prepress, Press, Digital Press, Large Format, Bindery, Shipping & Receiving areas). Work in team setting to ensure seamless integration and interaction between production departments and front office personnel. Exceed client expectations while achieving maximum productivity and efficiency. This position is a point of contact for employees to confirm questions for the entire production cycle and to resolve conflicts while mentoring all production employees throughout the company to instill sound judgment and positive attitude which is essential to the success and growth of the this company.
- Ensure customer’s expectations are being met with particular attention to on-time deliveries, quality and service.
- Schedule Pre-press, Press, Digital Press, Large Format & Bindery.
- Determine manning of full time employees and temp workers as necessary
- Ensure the companies policies and procedures are being followed
- Train employees on company policies
- Authorize overtime as necessary
- Ensure all employees are utilizing appropriate PPE and working safely
- FSC/SFI/PEFC Coordinator/Auditor. Maintain records, certifications and update tracker.
- EHS Coordinator
- Facilities/Building Maintenance
- Lead and attend daily production meetings
- Maintain an open line of communication with the President, VP of Sales and Controller
- Advise executives on special issues, problems, or general information
- Make recommendations for equipment purchase and workflow adjustment
- Complete necessary paperwork to make official requests of the Corporate office
- Attend regular management and executive meetings
- Hire, discipline, and evaluate all production employee
- Provide leadership to the production floor that promotes a positive work environment and delivers reliable, consistent and profitable results
- Track/measure employee productivity and performance in all areas of production using objective data on an ongoing basis
- Set performance level goals and update on an ongoing basis to create a culture of continual improvement with engaged and accountable employees
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels in all areas of production and adjust as necessary for drops and spikes in sales to ensure profitability
- Anticipate problems before they occur
- Self-motivated team player
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Above average organizational and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to make decisions with above average judgment
- Ability to motivate and delegate tasks to subordinates and ensure follow through
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and work overtime as necessary
- Above average computer skills, particular MS Office and Google
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- 10-15 years experience in Commercial Printing
- Supervisory experience required
- Actively involved and engaged as a leader in all areas of the company
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs when required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Drive & Scheduling Systems
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer