Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fuel Island/Service Employee/Tire Tech - Great Career Opportunity!
- Requisition ID
- Technicians/Service Employees
- Employment Type
- Regular - Full Time (4)
- Travel Requirements
- Position Code
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want an Entry-Level position leading to a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
For more information please call Mindy @ 480-652-9977!
We are currently hiring an Entry Level Diesel Service Employee in Loveland, CO!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Safety Gear & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
The Service Employee III-Regulated is primarily responsible for performing all tasks related to the Service Island including tire repairs, fuel inventories and safety inspections at the maintenance facility.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Three (3) years or more of experience, having worked as a Service Employee II or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills; must be able to understand customer's verbal communication
- Understanding of computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email; must be able to understand codes and instructions on the computer and have basic computer skills and ability to perform data entry
- High degree of thoroughness and dependability; must be able to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays
- Ability to:
- Work at different locations
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and asupervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capability for multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A
- DOT Safety Regulated Position; This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
o Be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
o Pass a Ryder Drug Test
o Pass a DOT physical
o Pass a Ryder road test
o Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Safety Sensitive Position
- Fuel vehicles; record fuel activity/maintain proper fuel and DEF inventory and reconciliation; check oil; check tire pressure
- Move heavy duty vehicles; wash and detail vehicles; wash windows
- Make multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies/procedure
- Report service issues to the shop
- Perform minor maintenance tasks such as tire repairs and align wheels per company procedure
- Perform some facility maintenance and assist with environmental compliance of the location
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.