Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUE Field Technician III
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Familiarity with ASCE 38-02 standards and Quality Levels
- Selects and applies appropriate geophysical prospecting equipment to accurately designate complex underground utility layouts
- Extensive experience with multi-frequency pipe and cable locators, ground penetrating radar, sondes, rodders, and other geophysical equipment
- Basic comprehension and interpretation of utility and highway design plans and record drawings
- Uses, obtains and interprets control point records and locates in the field
- Operates vacuum truck and related equipment
- Performs minor maintenance and troubleshooting operating problems on vacuum systems
- Daily paperwork, record keeping, simple mathematics and on-site safety meetings
- Maintenance and up-keep of vehicle, work sites, and equipment
- Selects and implements proper maintenance of traffic signage
- Represents and communicates on behalf of company and crew when encountering third parties in the field
- Coordinates and performs survey activities in connection with SUE work
- Supervises all crew activities as assigned and trains other crew members
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- High School Diploma
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card
- 5-7 years experience as a SUE Technician or a (related) Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years minimum as a SUE Field Tech II
- Field survey experience preferred
- Familiarity with DOT SUE/Survey standards preferred
- Prior knowledge of AutoCAD preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in all-weather conditions
- Ability to lift, operate and carry up to 50 lbs. of heavy equipment
- Possible extensive travel by motor vehicle or airplane up to 12 days continuously and overtime as needed
- Possess leadership skills, a “can-do” attitude and willingness to learn
- Possess a valid CDL
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401K profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to email@example.com. SAM is not seeking nor intends to consider unsolicited resumes or other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. SAM participates in the federal E-Verify Program.