Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Operations Leadership
The Maintenance Planner will primarily lead the coal system maintenance efforts for the Savage Coal Handling Operation in Hayden, Colorado; including the organizing of maintenance team members, ensuring the Computerized Maintenance Management System is organized and kept up-to-date and ensure the facility’s maintenance work is completed timely, efficiently and safely.
- Plans, budgets, and executes large maintenance projects providing detailed cost projections to Operations Manager
- Manages and maintains critical spare parts inventory
- Supervise daily maintenance activities
- Troubleshoot electrical controls
- Develop and lead preventative maintenance practices for the facility
- Maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ensures all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Lead in Safety and ensures team members follow proper safety rules, maintenance and operating procedures
- Write and revise maintenance procedures as needed
- Manage spare parts inventory and ensure that necessary amounts of inventory are in stock to reduce any delays or failures
- Oversee daily inspections and maintenance audits
- Ability to schedule work and plan schedules to accommodate production
- In-depth knowledge of large conveyor systems including belts, drive motors and gearboxes
- In‐depth knowledge of liquid systems, including valves, pumps, meters, tanks, and pipelines
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self‐starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies
- Creative and strategic in approaching issues. Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Ability to diagnose, problem solve and execute plans
- Above average computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a leadership role
- Possess a strong record of continuous improvement, personal development and attention to detail are absolute requirements.
- Mechanical (or similar) Engineering degree preferred but not required
- Five (5) years experience in large scale materials handling
- Three (3) years in a maintenance supervisory role
- Background in planning and scheduling maintenance
- Experience applying safety regulations and written procedures within an industrial setting
- Willing to live and/or relocate to the Hayden, Colorado area
- This Supervisor will be on their feet for extended period of time and walk long distances throughout the day.
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- Minimal travel, but will include both air and road travel
- Must be comfortable working in an office environment at times, working with a computer and sitting for longer periods of time
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.