Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hands and Eyes Technician
at Schneider Electric
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Candidate must be able to provide on-site technical assistance and troubleshooting (Hands & Eyes touch support) for remote Sys. Admins/technical support teams in the U&I Server / Data Center 24x7x365 support environment. The role requires walking and standing sometimes for a significant period. Must become Data Center HIPPA certified with 1st week on the job to obtain data center access.
Candidate must be familiar with server hardware and OS (Windows and Unix (Aix, Linux, or Solaris)) to be able to successfully complete tasks such as:
- Adding or removing hot-swap components
- Moving cables around for problem determination.
- Server Sun setting (Assist SA with specific tasks per a defined process).
- Resetting drives or memory in server
- Confirm network Connectivity (Assist SA with problem determination and verification process).
- System logs (Load, Verify and confirm system defect data).
- Initiate and drive action items in support of SA's direction.
- Create System boot disk under the direction of SAs.
- Upgrade disk drive capacity by installing new or additional drives.
- Assure timely delivery of system logs affiliated with outages.
- Support during planned, routine style maintenance activities.
- Perform other tasks requiring a similar skill level and duration where the activity can be scheduled.
- Moving a client KVM to another server or system for client to perform remote troubleshooting and maintenance.
- General tasks associated with restoration of services including entering commands according to detailed instructions and relaying system responses. (under direction of SA).
As well as the following tasks as needed:
- Escorts Certified Engineers for repair break fix.
- Power Cycling (Reboot) servers working remotely under SA's direction.
- Create system CDs and boot disks for support.
- Check server health (determine if power lights / other error lights are on)
As well as the following Facilities infrastructure tasks as needed:
- Daily facilities walk through to identify any abnormal activities or conditions
- Hands & Eyes support for the remote facilities team including visual confirmation/inspection of alarms and unexpected
This is a 3rd shift position - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with on-call responsibilities and overtime as required.
This job might be for you if:
- Should possess excellent teaming skills, be a quick learner, and flexible
and adaptable to the work environment.
- Must be able to accept and close out assigned tickets in an electronic
work based ticketing system.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with local and remote teams as
well as off-shore support teams using voice and electronic tools.
- Must possess problem solving skills to perform efficiently
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
Internal mobility is a top priority at Schneider Electric. If you're looking for your next step or want to try something new, applying for an internal opportunity can help you further develop your career.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you're applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.