Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Power System Engineer
at Schneider Electric
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 005AN7
Power System Engineering (PSE) Regional Engineer works under the direction of a Principal Engineer and/or Area Manager and is responsible for leading and executing engineering work in their area. They are responsible to ensure that the work performed is consistent with the statement of work quoted to the customer and the customer's needs and expectations.
The Regional Engineer will be expected to develop relationships with key customers within their area and work to become the trusted advisor for these customers in order to facilitate a partnership and drive incremental business.
The Regional Engineer must develop their proficiency in all of the PSE offerings.
This includes power system studies, electrical distribution design, Protection, Control and Automation (PCA), equipment assessments, power quality and grounding assessments.
The Regional Engineer must continuously improve their knowledge of Schneider Electric offerings in order to ensure that the solutions they offer meets all customer expectations as well as PSE standards.
This role encompasses both support of business development and engineering. They meet with customers to evaluate their issues and goals and ensure that our offer solves these issues and meets the customer's goals.
They ensure that the executed work, whether performed by the Regional Engineer or by others within PSE, is performed within specifications and the specified time.
- Proposal and quotation development
- Technical advice during pre-sale engineering consulting
- Education of/Consultation with internal/external stakeholders
- Develops and maintains relationships with key customers
- Works to develop and maintain high technical and commercial proficiency for all PSE offers
- Executes engineering work as needed and directed
- Works with project management to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Manages client expectations, facilitates proposal delivery and leads project execution.
- BSEE or MSEE
- Experienced power system/controls engineering
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish trust of clients in a consulting role
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop project scope and identify project risks (technical, schedule, cost, change order)
- Expert in at least one, if not many, of the following areas of expertise:
- Electrical power system studies
- Electrical distribution design
- Switchgear Automation
- Electrical power quality assessment
- ATO programming
- Relay programming and commissioning
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Electrical maintenance and testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop win strategy (differentiators, competitive environment, commercial strategy)
- Focus on ethical behavior and leadership in safety
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work well with all levels in an organization
- Excellent situational awareness, social intelligence, listening, problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret engineering documents, codes and standards, technical procedures
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence, and contextualize engineering deliverables
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to assist employees in understanding project objectives and specifications and see various points of view
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to key decision-makers at the executive level
- Financial acumen and understanding
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Cool-Calm-Collected under pressure and in dynamic environments
- Able to simultaneously address project details without losing the big-picture
- Anticipates and communicates project risks and implements mitigation strategies
- Collaborative and influential communication style
ESTIMATED TRAVEL: 30% average