SCL Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - Medical Oncology
at SCL Health System
Job Reference #: 17008503
The Medical Assistant is accountable for performing patient care activities associated with the personal needs and comfort of clinic patients, assisting members of the clinic team, and maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment including determining nature of patient visit, obtaining and recording patient vital signs and preparing patient for diagnostic treatment.
- Perform and assist with various aspects of patient care such as administering medication under general supervision, providing instructions to patients, performing basic lab procedures as instructed, and assisting with medical procedures as appropriate.
- Complete all necessary documentation in patients' medical records in accordance with the clinic's charting policy.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing and storing instruments in accordance with clinic policies.
- Restock and prepare the medical suites for patient examination.
- Maintain and utilize effective communication skills so as to facilitate open communication with patients, coworkers and visitors.
- Respond to patient and family needs, exercising good judgment and being sensitive to the diverse physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs of all parties.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Completion of an approved course of Medical Assistant study, required
- Valid certification as a Medical Assistant in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Medical Oncology 2
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 11/13/2017 11:02:01 PM
Job Number: 17008503
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
We Value Diversity!