Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Sales Representative
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- As determined by the normal sales cycle
Our District Sales Representative will manage assigned territory sales and gross profit to plan. Control expense and receivables to plan. Develop territory with proven superior sales service through increasing account penetration of existing customers and selling and developing new customers according to territory plans. Introduce new products and services. Support marketing plan and promotions. Attend and contribute to general and district sales meetings. Effectively utilize support resources to achieve objectives. Represent company in a professional manner in all activities and actions.
Looking for candidates that have a minimum of 2 years of previous broadline food service sales experience and a successful track record in building a sales territory in the food service industry!
Territory's avaliable throughout the State of Colorado (indicate desired area in resume).
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and promptly.
- Travel efficiently throughout assigned territory to call on current and prospective customers, to solicit orders, communicate issues and to sample product.
- Meet or exceed the sales goals established by management.
- Educate the customer with informational materials or demonstrate product, using samples etc. and emphasize salable features.
- Quote prices, explain credit terms, and enter customer orders.
- Communicate delivery parameters to customer based on knowledge of delivery schedules and procedures. Will occasionally need to personally deliver products to the customer.
- Prepare reports of business transactions, mileage and maintain expense account activity.
- Work with inside customer sales representatives (CSR) to maintain account activities including personal vacation coverage.
- Work with marketing for promotions and sales literature.
- Responsibly consider inventory levels on both stock and non-stock products to assure minimal shortages.
- Coordinate customer training sessions, tours, and presentations.
- Maintain current and complete files on all customers, including personal and financial information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with account principals and purchasing contacts.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems concerning deliveries, credits, products, payables etc.
- Assumes responsibility for collections of monies on all product sold.
- Prepare and distribute all forms necessary to maintain business in current accounts (credits, price changes, route changes, etc.) and to open new accounts (credit applications, new account form, etc.)
- Read trade publications; attend trade shows, seminars, vendor demonstrations, and meetings
• Sales Actual versus Plan
• Gross Profit $ Actual versus Plan
• Gross Profit % Actual versus Plan
• DSO and Receivables within Territory
• Execution of Territory Plan
• Increase case Sales Year over Year
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or the equivalent in industry experience
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma
- A minimum of 2 years of previous broadline food service sales experience
- Successful track record in building a sales territory in the food service industry
- Excellent communication, analytical and computation skills
- Professional appearance
- Computer literate and embrace new technology
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug test
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled