Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Store Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Assistant Store Manager understands that every interaction, large or small, strengthens our mission as a company, and delivers an exceptional experience for all. They represent the face of the brand in the community, ensures that the highest standards of the five-sense are actioned, and helps strategizes to ensure that all business objectives are exceeded.
- Is a bold, fun ambassador of the brand.
- Exhibits pride through positive demeanor, body language and personal presentation.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette through integrity, honesty and respect for others.
- Fosters an inspiring environment for engagement and learning that empowers people to realize their full potential.
- Embraces diversity and inclusiveness through our people, guests and brand.
- Recruits, retains and develops a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Provides immediate “in the moment” feedback to all employees, through active floor presence and engagement with the 5 senses and our brand values.
- Creates effective succession plans and conducts career pathing conversations with high potential employees to build internal bench strength.
- Takes a proactive approach to self-development and actively seeks out opportunities and feedback from direct supervisor.
- Ensures the team and store environment is fully engaged in all 5 senses of our guest experience by following our 5 senses checklist, and continuously driving these expectations.
- Creates a proactive selling culture that focuses on building long-term relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values.
- Fosters an environment where our brand values and engagement of the 5 senses are a top priority through training, one-on-one coaching, modeling appropriate selling behaviors and personal interactions with top clients.
- Derives insights from our brand initiatives to create action plans that change negative behaviors or enhance positive experiences.
- Delivers a consistent drive, passion and respect for the brand/brand values as it relates to the guest experience.
- Ensures the store environment is compelling and the shopping experiences is inspirational as detailed by the 5 senses.
- Acknowledges and represents our brand mission of job creations and American manufacturing.
- Proactively assess and report business opportunities to merchants.
- Execution of initiatives and strategies that support Shinola’s sales and business objectives.
- Drives local and community networking to build brand awareness.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience in similar role, where responsibilities mirrored a Shinola assistant store manager’s duties.
- Experienced in anticipating needs within a retail environment that best supports the team and business.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate and work cohesively within a team setting.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast pace environment.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to juggle multiple tasks while quickly adapting to new situations.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Note: Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance and not applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.