SM Energy Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SM Energy Company
The Geoscience Technician is part of a cross-functional team focusing on geoscience related data management and workflows. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, geologic and seismic database management, map maintenance, digitizing, data entry and general staff support.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to geoscience staff by utilizing database information and software tools to assemble, analyze and present data.
- Maintain, analyze and verify data and reporting related to well logs and seismic activity.
- Perform data mining activities to access various databases.
- Manage well data in geoscience software database (e.g. GeoGraphix/Petra) to include logs, directional surveys and zone data.
- Responsible for the preparation of maps and cross sections.
- Manage geologic team files including: e-logs, mud logs, maps, drilling and completion reports.
- Assist in installation and maintenance of software and troubleshooting user problems.
- Conduct business safely and with the highest ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Basic command of fundamentals of geology and strong technical foundation. Basic knowledge and experience relating to database management, mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). ArcGIS I training and specific GGX module training completed.
Technical associate degree or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in related field or industry.