SM Energy Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Project Manager
at SM Energy Company
Coordinate and manage delivery of project objectives. Oversee the day to day activities required to bring the project to completion including gathering business requirements, define and manage quality standards, align and mobilize teams, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and escalate obstacles needing leadership intervention. Work with business and IT managers to estimate effort and guide resources, foster accountability of business leaders and team members, lead change, manage scope, resources and budgets, and facilitate effective decision making to drive the project to timely completion.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform core project manager duties with minimal guidance
- Identify and manage changes in timeline, scope, budget, risks, and issues for small to large sized single stream projects (or a program with multiple work streams)
- Estimate project effort and resources from a top-down or bottom-up perspective throughout all phases
- Identify the people, funding, material and support needed to accomplish project goals; adapt quickly to changing resource requirements and priorities
- Facilitate engaging project meetings
- Mobilize and manage small to large cross functional teams (8+ members)
- Manage diverse sub teams (e.g., business, technical, change and training, and process resources)
- Assist in managing resources and effort
- Manage more complex projects with diverse geographies, cultures or languages
- Measure, monitor, and report on project progress and success
- Manage relationships and provide oversight to vendors, consultants and contractors
- Use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and advise on options and opportunities
- Bring clarity to ill-defined or strategic projects that are more complex in nature
- Proactively manage changes in project scope and make necessary timely corrections
- Apply solid project management principles or methodologies to project delivery
- Apply solid change management and business process improvement principles or methodologies to project implementation
- Fulfill department requirements in terms of providing work coverage during peak business times
- Demonstrate flexibility and do what’s needed to meet and/or exceed customer expectations
- Other duties as assigned
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid understanding of the O&G upstream industry
- Solid understanding of IT processes and solution development lifecycle models
- Well versed in project delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. PMP Certification preferred. Change Management and Process Improvement course work preferred.
Minimum of 5 years related experience.