Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Security Engineer
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix is seeking a Network Security Engineer. The primary role will be to support the Special Access Program (SAPs) and other classified networks supporting SMC Directorates and/or AFSPC Operational Units. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP ,HTTP, HTIPS, FTP, & SSL Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
- Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer's location and off-site storage facilities as required
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests Provide technical guidance
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Working knowledge ofJAF AN 6/0, DCIDIJ AF AN 6/3, DCIDI] AF AN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to C&A for Legacy systems
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PLl & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANsIDOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Requires travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Ibs.
- 3 - 5 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification needed within 6 months of the date of hire
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph