Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Lab Technician
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- Hidden (92989)
- FLSA Status
- 2nd Shift
Supports needs of Quality Assurance department while interfacing with production and receiving/shipping departments to ensure that products are safe, wholesome and meet quality standards.
- Collect and file production paperwork for QA department auditing purposes
- Sample finished products to assure compliance with customer specifications
- Sample inbound raw materials in a statistically significant manner.
- Conduct metal detector verification checks on production lines
- Calibration of thermometers
- Record temperatures of outbound loads
- Gather composite samples when necessary
- Prepare samples for shipments to customers
- Manage sample submission to outside labs
- Cross train w/ lab personnel to perform lab testing duties when required
- Performs self quality audits within the plant
- Supports IMS/Scan4Ship labeling/hold/lot/BOL standards and processes
- Other projects as needed by area supervisor and/or manager.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years of quality and/or lab experience in the food industry is preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Exposure to wet conditions
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, grasp with both hands, or feel; substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; reaching and pulling with hands and arms.
- Prolonged standing or sitting - Occasional walking is required for short distances.
- Ability to consistently move/drag/lift up to 60 lbs frozen raw materials on a regular basis.
- Ability to consistently move/drag 100-150 plastic totes.
- Frequent stretching out of arms, and use of upper body.
- Occasional turning and twisting at the waist.
- Continuous exposure to temperatures ranging from 10F – 85F degrees.
Scope/Impact of Job
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.