Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller - Multi Location / Multi Account
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Multi-Unit Controller for a group of hospitals located in the Denver, CO Metro area. This position will support an 8 hospital system primarily within the state of Colorado and will require some travel to 2 sites in Montana. The segments this person will be supporting are Food, Environmental Services, Patient Transport, SRCH and Laundry services. The focus will be to support the financial success of individual care sites, along with ensuring contract compliance.
Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- provide financial and analytical support for sales, operations and field finance to assist in financial decision making process regarding new business;
- prepare the costing of new business to ensure that it reflects operating assumptions that are consistent with the business conditions of the specific site and general operating history of the Division (primary focus is on multi-service or multi-site surveys);
- provide review of site/single survey costings prepared by the Sales Director;
- act as a business partner to Sales, Finance and Operations;
- administer data collection activities for the site survey;
- ensure that the proposal, contract and invoicing for new business is consistent with the costing assumptions; and
- prepare post audit assessments to assess operating performance and update general Division assumptions as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
- have strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, familiarity with accounting processes of a large company, strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in finance related computer applications;
- have the ability to apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures, and provide objective accounting judgment in the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and its clients;
- support customization of non-standard operating statements, executive summaries and centralized billings;
- have familiarity with unit operations;
- have the ability to develop working relationships with field operators and the ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information – this includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance of the division using financial data to accurately diagnose business realities, identifying key issues and developing strategies and plans;
- have strong computer skills;
- have an undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative discipline (accounting or finance preferred), with a minimum of three to five years related work experience in operations or finance; and
- have an Operations background (preferable) with the ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
-Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.