Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef 2
- System ID
- Employment Status
Sodexo currently has a job available for an Executive Chef 2 to join our Food Service Team at Covenant Village of Colorado This position will report directly to the General Manager and works closely with the management team on menu development, resident relations, employee training, and innovative dining activities at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees food service production and service for resident dining and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the inventory, purchasing, cost analysis, cost controls, safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting the labor cost goals for this account.
- Leads, directs and trains employees to continually improve performance and customer satisfaction;
- Manages all dining events with enthusiasm while providing hands-on guidance during resident and client functions in order to produce outstanding dining experiences.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo quality standards.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Drives resident satisfaction through offering superior food quality.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Strong culinary experience desired.
- Experience with food service operations in restaurant, hotel or senior living environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a food service team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management/training skillset.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an upscale food service setting.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels. This position will have direct resident and client contact.
- A Focus on food consistency and quality and ability to positively impact resident satisfaction through food presentation and quality.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- ServSafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for, Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.