Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef 3
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Yes - According to Grade
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Culinary Director for University of Denver, located in Denver, CO. The Culinary Director (Executive Chef 3) will oversee all culinary operations at the university, including high volume student dining with a new central dining operation under construction, and high end and high- volume Catering – requiring innovative menu development.
** RELOCATION assistance is available for this exciting opportunity! **
This experienced Executive Chef will lead the culinary efforts for our campus, will lead a dedicated work force in providing high quality, locally sourced menu options with a focus on food production and reducing waste. Initially, the primary responsibility for this individual will be to support our catering program which is recognized nationally as a "best practice". The Campus Executive Chef will also be involved in the transition to a brand new central dining facility currently under construction bringing an entirely new dining experience to our community.
Best qualified Candidate will have:
- a culinary degree from an accredited institution,
- previous culinary experience, preferably high-volume dining on a college or university,
- financial acumen,
- commitment to sustainable practices in purchasing, preparation and labeling products,
- creative approach that has no boundaries to improving our program, dedication to providing the highest level of service to our guests and excellent client relation skills.
- a proactive hands-on approach that is able to set standards and follow through on meeting those expectations.
Responsibilities will include: Food production, inventory, training and development of team, performance monitoring, safety / sanitation, trouble shooting, cost controls, labor management, financial accountability and active participation in improving our delivery through customer service.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Have a passion for food and innovation and be able to articulate the vision for the culinary department.
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- manage food costing, portion control, quality, controls and compliance;
- develop innovative menus for high end catering;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
Sodexo’s partnership started with the University of Denver in 1994. DU offers an exciting and vibrant environment where Sodexo’s best managers learn and grow with our organization.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.