Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager 2 - Food
- System ID
- Food Service
- Relocation Type
- Yes - According to Grade
- Employment Status
Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for a Food Services General Manager 2 to oversee the Food Service operations at Colorado NorthWestern Community College, located in Rangeley, CO – located 80 miles east of Grand Junction. Located in the heart of great hiking, hunting and outdoor adventure location. ** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Sodexo’s program includes Resident Dining program serving approximately 250 students and Catering. During the summer months, this GM will oversee the food service operations for the prestigious Aspen Summer Music School in Aspen, CO for two 5 week sessions.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a university setting or other high volume dining;
- Have culinary understanding – the Aspen Music School camp offers a diverse international menu and catering.
- Be proficient in use of online Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory;
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen/success: Food costs/ labor costs, budgets.
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations; a solid manager/leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference – quality and presentation of food – customer service –
- Be customer focused– including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.