Sound Advice Consulting Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sound Advice Consulting Services
Born in New York City, Sound Advice Consulting Services (www.soundadvice.jobs) is super excited to announce that we have opened a new office in the heart of Cherry Creek North in Denver, CO. Sound Advice is a boutique consulting firm whose principal objective is to provide clients with business/technical/marketing consulting services as well as cost-effective contract consulting, direct hire/permanent placement, and outsourced bookkeeping.
We provide these services to clients in over 12 states and half a dozen countries that will enable them to successfully achieve their business goals and objectives. By helping build companies through people, teams, culture, support and feedback, we sit squarely in the middle. We’re proactive. We pay attention to detail. We know how to connect the dots. And since 2006, that’s exactly what we’ve been doing.
The Senior Bookkeeper is responsible for providing financial and operational support to Finance, Accounting and Human Resources.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong and proven financial management and operations background as they will be handling the day-to-day accounting tasks.
We are looking for accounting professionals that have the availability to work virtually and on-site at clients.
Your responsibilities can be for one client or several clients and it will give you the opportunity to work in your own surroundings and also make the money that you have made in the past as a full-time employee.
The bookkeeper will handle the following financial transactions as needed for our clients in either established clients or with new and exciting start-ups:
- Accounts Receivable
- Entering and paying A/P invoices
- Bank Reconciliation
- Handling special projects as required
- Compiling expense reports
- Organizing and filing documents
- Maintaining confidential files
- At least 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Articulate with excellent communication skills, as well as grammar and spelling
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive and upbeat "can-do" attitude
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor cash flow, projections and report variances.
- Provide all internal and external reporting.
- Prepare all invoicing, billing, and Excel spreadsheet to provide monitoring on contracts.
- Maintain compliance with all contract and insurance related matters
- Manage the financial aspects of vendor management and payment
Human Resources Role
- Maintain personnel records
- Oversee time tracking by staff; manage all 1099 (commissioned payment schedule) and W2 information for employees
- Expert with QuickBooks Pro 2011 software; knowledge of how to integrate credit card and vendor transactions via QuickBooks
- Proficiency with PayChex and ability to communicate effectively with PayChex staff (or a similar payroll organization) (as well as experience filing a 5500)
- Expert knowledge with Excel is a plus
- Strong ability to work closely with others and to communicate with staff at all levels regarding payroll and benefits issues
- Strong organizational skills; ability to do due diligence daily to check banking/ wire transfer/ fee activities
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Open to and easily embrace new technology that supports workplace effectiveness;
- Friendly, collaborative, upbeat work style is highly desirable
At least five years relevant work experience and/or Bachelors in Accounting and/or Finance or related degree (i.e. a degree in Fiscal Management).
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
Compensation: Based upon Experience
IMPORTANT: SORRY NO 3RD PARTY AGENCIES, CORP TO CORP, SUB VENDORS, OR H1B SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME. Thank you.