South Suburban Parks and Recreation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Head Lifeguard
at South Suburban Parks and Recreation
- Job Summary
About this opportunity!
We are looking for trustworthy leaders who want to make positive connections with our patrons and program participants, have a keen eye for safety, and set the tone for a safe environment for guests ranging from kids to seniors. You will play a key role in supporting our safety standards – in the water and on the deck, supporting Lifeguards as a first responder in emergencies, maintaining safety equipment, and serving on a fun and dynamic team.
*We are currently hiring for opening and day time shifts only.
- Job Requirements
Our Ideal Candidate...
- Will have at least one year of previous lifeguarding experience.
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members.
- Can work independently.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and remain calm in emergencies.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- A minimum of one (1) year life guarding experience required.
- Current certifications in American Red Cross Life guarding, at time of hire.
- Must successfully pass the District Water tests.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position. Please note, as a team member, there may be additional responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
- Additional Information
Perks of Employment at South Suburban!
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- About South Suburban
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational services and programs.
We serve nearly 155,000 residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of Douglas, Jefferson, and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports dome, batting cages, and entertainment center, a hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and open space land, including 110 multi-purpose athletic fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.
To learn more about the District as an organization and a workplace, visit: