Southwest Health Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nuclear Medicine/X-Ray Technologist (FULL TIME)
at Southwest Health Systems
- 724 Diagnostic Imaging
- Cortez, CO, USA
- NEGOTIABLE based on qualifications & skills
- Full Time
To provide quality patient care and useful diagnostic information through conscientious, skillful, compassionate, and quality diagnostic radiographic imaging to the surrounding communities of southwestern Colorado. Supervise and/or assist radiographic technology students. Supervise as a lead technologist in a modality which he/she is registered, as assigned by the director. As a lead technologist, the employee will be responsible for all federal and state regulations concerning the modality, employee and patient safety, and stocking of supplies. The employee will also be responsible for all technologists who work in the department to ensure they meet all requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited educational program in Radiologic Technology.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography.
- Must be registered in Nuclear Medicine.
- Current BLS/CPR certification.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Must be able to communicate with and provide accurate explanations and instructions about the procedure to the patient, significant others and other health care providers.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret documents necessary to provide adequate, quality patient care.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Strong communication skills.
Critical Physical Demand Summary:
- Lifting Low Lift: Exert 5 to 30 lbs occasionally.
- Lifting Combo Lift: Exert 2 to 25 lbs frequently.
- Carrying Preferred: 5 to 30 lbs frequently.
- Positional Lift: 15 to 25 lbs rarely.
- Push/Pull Preferred method: 10 to 40 lbs occasionally.
- Push/Pull Both Push and Pull: Exert 9 to 75 lbs continuously.
- Push/Pull Push: Exert 10 to 110 lbs occasionally.
- Grip Preferred: Exert 10 to 50 lbs continuously.
- Pinch - Preferred: Exert 10 to 10 lbs occasionally.
** If you are selected for this position, prior to appointment, you may be subject to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use. **
** THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO A POST OFFER PRE-WORK SCREENING. **
** THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 DAYS. AFTER THAT DATE, THE POSITION WILL CLOSE WHEN A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS SELECTED. **