Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer
at Splunk Inc.
Responsibilities: who you are
As a Senior Software Engineer at VictorOps/Splunk, you will be responsible for crafting, developing and supporting highly scalable, real-time notification and collaboration services that supports over a thousand customers. As a Senior member of the team, you will be a role model that ensures the team is following software development and quality best practices, and regularly lead design and code reviews, and participate in architecture discussions.
You will be working on building the underlying, core infrastructure of the VictorOps product for availability, scalability and ease of development by other developers and teams, enhancing the product to support large companies and helping to drive us toward containerized deployments. You will work with your team to architect solutions, collaborating across teams where needed and then build and deploy the solution.
Our primary language for developing backend software is Scala and we work in a fast-paced, Agile development process.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 6-8 years of commercial software development experience on the Linux platform
- Experience building scalable, resilient, distributed systems in JVM languages (e.g. Java, Scala)
- Experience using a variety of high volume data technologies (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka)
- Experience with Agile development, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Experience developing with a microservices framework (e.g. gRPC, Finagle, Lagom, etc)
- Experience with building and architecting for the cloud
- At VictorOps/Splunk, we offer an extraordinary package + benefits
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- New hardware of your choice
- Work/life balance and we can prove it; we were ranked on Outdoor Magazine’s Best Places to Work
“Splunk is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.”
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!