Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SDET - Mobile
at Splunk Inc.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can join our journey!
Who Are You?
Are you passionate about being a part of making really cool and creative software? Are you the sort of person who points out flaws in video games you’ve played or who finds plot holes in movies? Then, read on friend…
As a Software Development Engineer in Test focused on mobile, you will work closely with other software developers who create and maintain our mobile applications to help deliver really cool software. You will be responsible for helping to build and maintain automated test suites and occasionally assist with the manual testing initiatives while working closely with our teams who focus on building customer facing features. You will have an opportunity to be a strong advocate for quality throughout the company and make a positive impact on our customers. And finally, you will help us release quality software, faster.
For this role, we are looking for strong experience working with mobile application testing, ensuring the quality and stability of work done on an engineering team and plenty of experience writing code to support these initiatives. Because we work closely within the DevOps space, a strong knowledge of tools in the space would be an asset, but a desire to learn about them is a must!
A successful candidate will have good communication skills and a willingness to help our engineering teams to help on call suck less.
- Work with our test automation engineers to update and maintain automated tests
- Improve team knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of test automation within the realm of mobile application testing
- Collaborate closely with the engineers responsible for the mobile portion of our app
- Assist with creation of new tools for the engineering team to incorporate to find defects
- Act as a vital member of our team to ensure quality for our applications
- Work to create new and improve existing tools and tests with QA teams
- Collaborate with engineers, doing deep dives into complex functionality implemented by their team to ensure quality and reliability
- Continually improve the testing initiatives’ sufficiency and efficiency by enhancing the tools and using different test methodologies and approaches
- Automation Architect or Test Automation Engineer for front-end testing
- 2+ years experience developing and improving test automation for mobile applications
- Deep understanding of test design, planning, and resolving test automation debt
- Experience with cross-device testing
- Experience with Appium or other mobile automation tools
- Produce clean, maintainable code
- Experience with Git workflows
- Highly driven and self-motivated, comfortable with autonomy but happy to work with a team
- Local to the Boulder area (no relocation offered for this position)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!