Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer - VictorOps Core Platform
at Splunk Inc.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Software Engineer at VictorOps/Splunk, you will craft, develop and support highly scalable, real-time notification and collaboration services that
You will help build new capabilities into our product such as improved monitoring integrations, enhancing the product to support large companies and helping to drive us
Our primary language for developing backend software is Scala and we work in a fast-paced, Agile development process.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience on the Linux platform
- 1+ year of Scala experience
- Extensive experience writing scalable services in Scala /Java
- Experience using a variety of high volume data technologies (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch/Solr, Spark, etc)
- Experience with Agile development, Continuous Integration,
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about working in a collaborative, startup-like environment
- At VictorOps/Splunk, we offer an exceptional package + benefits
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- New hardware of your choice
- Work/life balance and we can prove it; we were ranked on Outdoor Magazine’s Best Places to Work
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!