Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Bakery Manager
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Hidden (17389)
- Position Type
- Req ID
Do you enjoy preparing and baking cookies, bread, and muffins using proven ingredients and recipes? Does working in a professional kitchen excite you? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as an Assistant Bakery Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
At Sprouts Farmers Market, the Assistant Bakery Manager is responsible to provide excellent customer satisfaction through the management and leadership of Bakery Clerks. You will be responsible for maintaining high standards in quality, variety, selection, food safety, and sanitation for all products produced and sold in the Bakery Department. You will also ensure quality bakery products through proper rotation procedures, monitoring cases for damaged items, and following all health and sanitation guidelines. As the Assistant Bakery Manager, you are responsible for assisting the Bakery Manager in the daily supervision of Bakery Department operations, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service, monitoring the quality of Bakery product, and acting as manager in the absence of the Bakery Manager as needed to address employee relations, coaching, and general department supervision needs. The Assistant Bakery Manager effectively coordinates production, merchandising, and sales through ongoing planning, direction, communication, goal setting, brainstorming, and teamwork.
To be a Bakery Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a minimum of two years' retail grocery experience and two years supervisory experience.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to give and take direction participating in a team environment.
- Be able to answer phones and take special orders.
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Be able to operate and use knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks as needed. Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift. This role also requires vertically transferring tray up to 5 lbs., from 7” to 64” for up to 10 hours, and vertically/horizontally transferring items up to 40 lbs., from 5” to 36”, for a distance up to 36 feet for up to 10 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, and achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit.
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.