Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Postal Clerk (New Store Opening)
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Store Team Members
- Position Type
- Req ID
The Postal Clerk is responsible for customer sales transactions at the register of the contract postal unit and prepares incoming and outgoing mail. They must maintain proper control of cash and ensure customer satisfaction, as well as safe guard company assets. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Uses hand or mail handling machines to time stamp, open, read, sort, and route incoming mail; and address, seal, stamp, fold, stuff, and affix postage to outgoing mail or packages.
- Keeps money drawers in order, and records and balances daily transactions.
- Registers, ensures, and certifies letters and parcels.
- Sells and collects payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
- Checks mail in order to ensure correct postage for packages and letters are in proper condition for mailing.
- Answers question regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates, and post office boxes
- Completes forms regarding changes of address, theft or loss of mail, or for special services such as registered or priority mail.
- Provides assistant to the public in complying with federal regulations of Postal Service and other federal regulations.
- Verifies that items are addressed correctly, marked with the proper postage, and in suitable condition for processing
- Places incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and places identifying tags on sacks or bins.
- Weighs packages or letters to determine the postage needed, using weighing scales and rate charts.
- Determines manner in which mail is to be sent, and prepares it for delivery to mailing facilities.
- Lifts and unloads containers of mail or parcels onto equipment for transportation and/or sorting.
- Wraps packages or bundles by hand, or by using tying machines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Postal department and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of postal regulations is ideal.
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent and have excellent organization skills is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must have advanced knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Consistent (6-8 Hours) lifting and/or carrying of items up to 10 lbs. for a distance up to 5 feet.
- Frequent (3-6 hours) lifting and/or carrying of items between 11-25 lbs. for a distance up to 5 feet.
- Rarely (less than 1 hour) is lifting and/or carrying is required for item between 26-75 lbs. for a distance up to 5 feet.
- Rarely (less than 1 hour) is pushing required for items between 76-100+ lbs.
- Continuous walking for between 3-6 hours per shift.
- Continuous standing for between 6-8 hours per shift
- Continuous bending for between 3-6 hours per shift.
- Some squatting for between 1-3 hours per shift.
- Continuous twisting for between 3-6hours per shift.
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.