Starz Entertainment, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Starz Entertainment, LLC
Ensure the timely delivery of media that meets company standards to various internal and external destinations including Post Production, linear broadcast, and On-Demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a highly motivated team of professionals who are responsible for the fulfillment of media to the company's distribution outlets including affiliate networks, online destinations and internal clientele
- An Assistant Editor must manage media on various platforms, transform and QC the media then distribute it by leveraging several processes & technologies including encoding, transcoding, authoring, archiving, restoring, editing and exporting
- Maintain on-air continuity by preparing media and associated metadata
- Support Programing, Creative Services, Materials/QC, Post Production and Marketing with ingest, processing, export, and delivery needs
- Encode audio/video clips in various formats (QuickTime, MPEG, etc.) for multiple platforms while following and maintaining department specifications and standards
- Advise clients on what is technically possible and provide options including the range and scope of work and realistic timescales and costs
- Ensure media adheres to brand guidelines
- Work quickly and effectively with Managers, Producers, Editors, Developers, Engineers and others to solve problems with capture, editing, transcoding, exporting and delivery of media
- Prepare media and supporting files for a variety of editing platforms including Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer
- Author engaging Blu-rays and DVDs for PR and Marketing events
- Prepare production media for logging and use in edit
- Perform library functions including but not limited to archiving, bar-coding, labeling, filing, and retrieving of files and/or physical media
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Film, Videography, Motion Graphics or Journalism preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
- Strong MS office skills
- Exceptional verbal and written skills with a focus on customer service
- In-depth knowledge of various VTRs (HDCAM SR, D5, Digibeta), file types (QT, MXF, DNX, etc.) and video standards (NTSC, PAL)
- Prior experience with digital video/audio including compression codecs, file systems and file transfer applications
- A team player, who is respectful, follows rules and policy, and maintains a positive attitude
- Punctual, hard-working, disciplined, and dependable
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and international files standards & frame rates
- Demonstrated editing ability using Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer or Apple Final Cut Pro
- Demonstrated ability to deliver positive results by working independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical information, concepts and instructions to others
- Demonstrated ability to foster cooperation and collaboration within a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines and satisfy customer needs
- Blu-ray and DVD authoring, mastering and duplication skills with software such as Adobe Encore or Sony DoStudio a plus
- Understanding of audio and video signal flow (waveform monitors, vector scopes, patch bays and routing systems)
- Prior experience using encoding software / hardware (Elemental, Telestream, Rhozet, etc.)
- Experience with Media analysis tools such as Baton & Aurora a plus
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.