Starz Entertainment, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Starz Entertainment, LLC
Supporting the department Vice President (VP) and Executive Director, the Paralegal will handle day-to-day legal reviews of studio agreements and related scheduling data entry as well as conduct investigations, routine legal research, maintain the file system and assist with vendor payments and audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direct supervision manage scheduling data base and reporting tools including ad hoc (customized) reports and related research as necessary.
- Heavy data entry.
- Under direct supervision prepare and/or review draft contracts and correspondence.
- Manage clearance of Starz Entertainment (STE)-licensed films for linear and on-demand Affiliate previews.
- Assist department VP with payments and audits.
- Coordinate Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance in concert with STE and parent company policies.
- Support company compliance with company Records Management Policy, including annual records clean-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; Paralegal certificate or previous experience in a legal environment preferred
- Possess strong drafting and negotiating skills and the ability to prioritize and take initiative in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment; and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong advocacy and negotiating skills, able to successfully defend legal advice internally and successfully negotiate legal positions externally.
- Must be detail oriented, pro-active, independent thinking and have strong motivation to see projects through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and typing skills are required.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project software applications.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.