This position will operate and support commercial communications equipment (LTE, 5G, and IoT), associated test equipment, and the CTL IT network and infrastructure to support spectrum sharing projects for NASCTN and RFTD. Which includes adapting equipment for laboratory and experimental use and maintain same to reflect current and evolving protocols and technology.
- Operate commercial communications equipment, including LTE, 5G, IoT, and associated test equipment, to support projects.
- Develop, define, configure, and operate communications hardware and software to meet experiment test needs
- Provide support for Evolved Packet Core (EPC), Evolved Node B (eNB), and Home Subscriber Service (HSS) to include but not limited to:
- Restarting HSS service
- Maintain and/or adjust configuration for testing
- Troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Document and track key issues and resolutions
- Support integration of commercial communications equipment with the project test equipment to include automation, data collection, data parsing, and spectrum captures
- Document configurations and support hardware/software developed in support of integration
- Provide input to technical and management plans to support refinement of experiments
- Provide technical input for communications model development and analysis
- Research real world data that will inform configuration of the equipment for projects
- Maintain commercial communications equipment, including LTE, 5G, IoT, and associated test equipment to support projects.
- Perform regular and required maintenance on commercial communications equipment and associated test equipment
- Ensure all updates are performed timely in accordance with the test plan
- Alert the NASCTN TPOC of the need to renew warranties, service contracts, and licenses
- Define and develop test and benchmarking scenarios for validating the correctness and evaluating the performance of the commercial communications equipment and the network.
- Build, configure, and maintain the CTL Lab IT Network that supports commercial communications equipment and associated test equipment
- Ensure the network supports and meets the same security requirements as the core PSCR network
- Additional support incuding, but not limited to:
- Network configuration (new virtual local area networks (VLAN), routing/port/firewall)
- Maintenance/updates of network equipment
- Incident response
- Active directory management (group policy, account management)
- Windows server update and imaging services
- Virtual server management
- Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) support (allocate new IP’s, new DNS entries)
- Tenable scanning/vulnerability management (same scans as PSCR network)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) support
- Troubleshooting Anti-Virus blocking applications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience in a related field
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable in communications equipment. Has experience with emerging mobile communications such as cellular (Long Term Evolution), wireless communications and networking (IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.16) and the Internet suite of protocols.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets