Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Camp Counselor - Seasonal - Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The main responsibility of this position is to lead a group of children, ranging from ages 4-13, in a fun, safe and enriching summer day camp experience. The Kids at Blue Camp Counselor is accountable for developing and implementing a summer program including a variety of outdoor activities; mountain biking, kayaking, ropes courses, climbing wall, golf putting course, tennis, swimming, and hiking.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $15.50
- Full Time Hours
- Resort perks:
- Free Downhill Mountain Biking pass;
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Discounted Golf rounds at Monterra Golf
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Greet and engage all guests as they arrive.
- Work with the team of Counselors to develop, facilitate and engage children in indoor, age appropriate, activity plans (daily and weekly) including: team building exercises, creative arts and crafts and interactive games.
- Confidently and attentively supervise children in all indoor and outdoor programs including deep water activities; such as kayaking.
- Conduct daily safety discussions with children prior to participating in activities.
- Maintain a clean and organize work space (i.e. cleaning and organize equipment, lunch supplies) and prepare materials and equipment for daily activities and return at the end of the day.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Confident off road/trail bike rider (with own bike).
- CPR and first aid certifications preferred (training will be provided during training).
- Knowledge of BMR trail networks and resort an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Some long shifts required.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Successful applicants (18yrs of age or older) will be required to complete a Criminal Background Check (Vulnerable Sector Search)
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain village resort, is nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and spans across the beautiful Niagara Escarpment. Blue Mountain has evolved into a true four-season destination, and continually ranks among the top family-friendly resorts in Canada.
Whether you choose to stay with us for a Season or a Career, Blue Mountain is The Place To Be. Choosing a career at Blue Mountain Resort means joining a family of progressive, innovative and entrepreneurial co-workers who are passionate about the resort industry. From the people behind the books to the leaders on the front line, we are all dedicated to providing the best experience possible for guests and associates alike.
Alterra Mountain Company, headquartered in Denver Colorado, owns Blue Mountain Resort.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. Resorts include:
- Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado;
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California;
- Stratton in Vermont;
- Snowshoe in West Virginia;
- Crystal Mountain in Washington;
- Tremblant in Quebec;
- Blue Mountain in Ontario;
- Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah;
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.