Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grounds Maintenance - Waste Management - Seasonal - Part Time (Days)
at Alterra Mountain Company
Under limited supervision, the Waste Management Worker will perform tasks ranging from changing garbage receptacles and hand cleaning to other waste related duties.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $14.90
- Part Time Hours: Start July first until Labour Day Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 6am-10am only
- Resort perks:
- Free Downhill Mountain Biking pass;
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Discounted Golf rounds at Monterra Golf
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Changing, washing and making minor repairs to waste receptacles
- Dumping, washing and making minor repairs to ash trays or butt stops
- Handling all tasks related to organics across Resort
- Hand cleaning
- Relocating waste receptacles due to events
- Performing special waste removal tasks
- Power washing surfaces and degreasing garbage rooms
- Respond to AYS calls relating to waste and other simple grounds related tasks
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Valid “G” class license preferred (G2 would be considered for right candidate)
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Customer service oriented - able to interact appropriately with both guests and fellow co-workers
- Knowledge of Resort operations an asset
- A high level of initiative
- Organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Must be physically capable to perform duties such as lifting up to 50 lbs
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain village resort, is nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and spans across the beautiful Niagara Escarpment. Blue Mountain has evolved into a true four-season destination, and continually ranks among the top family-friendly resorts in Canada.
Whether you choose to stay with us for a Season or a Career, Blue Mountain is The Place To Be. Choosing a career at Blue Mountain Resort means joining a family of progressive, innovative and entrepreneurial co-workers who are passionate about the resort industry. From the people behind the books to the leaders on the front line, we are all dedicated to providing the best experience possible for guests and associates alike.
Alterra Mountain Company, headquartered in Denver Colorado, owns Blue Mountain Resort.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. Resorts include:
- Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado;
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California;
- Stratton in Vermont;
- Snowshoe in West Virginia;
- Crystal Mountain in Washington;
- Tremblant in Quebec;
- Blue Mountain in Ontario;
- Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah;
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.