Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Cook - Seasonal - Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The main purpose of this position is to ensure food is prepared quickly and precisely and to fulfill the order requirements made by our guest. You must always maintain above average service quality standards with speed and consistence under pressure. This diverse position encompasses all functions of the kitchen and all staff participate in the cleanliness of the kitchen and the tools used to perform your duties.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $17.25
- Full Time Hours
- Resort perks:
- Free Downhill Mountain Biking pass;
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Discounted Golf rounds at Monterra Golf
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Provide courteous and quick customer service
- Take food orders from guests and communicate the order to other staff
- Prepare all food according to set recipes or prep lists
- Assist in all areas of the kitchen as required
- Prepare all grilled items including hamburgers, chicken etc.
- Prepare food using deep fryer
- Fill steam tables and turn on heat lamps
- Prepare own preparation for menu items
- Stock, replenish and keep all stations clean
- Keep storage areas clean
- Monitor fridges, freezers and loading docks for cleanliness
- Scrape waste from dinner ware and put them in the dishwasher
- Wash all utensils and glassware
- Collect and dispose of garbage
- Maintain safety per OHSA and abide by Green Initiatives
- Adhere to health and safety policies
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- A minimum of 2 years prior kitchen experience necessary, preferably in a cooking position
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment such as char broiler, deep fryer, convection oven required
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Enthusiastically work with co-workers in a cooperative manner
- Ability to interpret and follow the instructions of a prep list
- Remain focused and be thorough with assigned tasks
- Basic knife and food handling skills are assets
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer the largest downhill mountain biking facility in Ontario, Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.