Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Audience Manager
at Alterra Mountain Company
Alterra Mountain Company (the Company) is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The Ikon Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. The Company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Lead the marketing team in audience data management, activation and insights.
- Develop and organize cross-channel audience strategy and execution to support direct marketing, digital and paid media initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve company goals and drive results through CRM and digital initiatives.
- Develop a Customer Lifecycle Management approach to enable a fully orchestrated, multi-channel customer lifecycle strategy.
- Track and analyze behaviors of different audiences and segments to optimize segmentation strategy, increase customer engagement and loyalty, and drive business results.
- Comply with direct marketing best practices and guidelines to develop robust A/B testing strategies and new segmentation/personalization opportunities.
- Gain a deep understanding of guest behaviors, visitation and spending habits, attitudes, and interests to inform marketing decisions.
- Promote and foster a "learning culture" by monitoring latest industry thinking and innovation to inform direction for future strategies/plans.
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in media, customer behavior or strategic design and implementation of measurable marketing programs.
- Proven leadership and team oversight resulting in high performance.
- A strong understanding of the importance of data, how it shapes marketing strategy, and hands on experience working with a data management platform (DMP) - Adobe Audience Manager a plus
- Experience working with web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
- A deep understanding of consumer behavior, buying habits, attitudes, and interests, preferably in the ski or outdoor industry.
- Complex problem solver who can define, assess, solve, and communicate back to leadership in a clear and concise fashion
- Proactive in terms of creating ideas, problem solving, and building connections; has a quantitative mindset with qualitative capabilities—the ability to think both scientifically and artfully.
- Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to translate information and data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Experience developing data-driven marketing strategies.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with strong ability to execute in a functionally-organized company.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Experience working with 3rd-party data providers
- Campaign automation experience (preferred IBM Watson Campaign Automation).
- Familiarity with resort and leisure industry
- Proficiency with data analytics software, SQL and BigQuer datasets a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (marketing, business, business analytics, communications, economics).
- MBA or master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic design and implementation of measurable marketing programs.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell, and ski. Must be capable of walking or standing 30% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 5lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually low
Equipment Used in Job: Computer
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mountain Company and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mountain Company or any of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time without or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado and the work is primarily in Denver, Colorado and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mountain Company and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company and its affiliates adhere to all applicable U.S., Canadian labor and employment laws, including all State or Provincial-specific labor and employment regulations.