Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Millwright (Ticketed) - Year Round - Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The Mountain Operations Millwright will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the stationary industrial equipment within the snowmaking department. As well assisting the Mountain Operations Maintenance staff with repairs, preventative maintenance of other stationary and mobile equipment (ski lifts, snow grooming equipment). The Millwright will also be completing welding and fabrication tasks within the department and for other departments throughout the resort.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Full Time Hours, Year Round
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Resort perks:
- Free Ski/Snowboard Pass;
- Discounted lift tickets you can share with your friends;
- Free rentals;
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Assist in repair and preventative maintenance practices exercised by the Mountain Operations department (IE. ski lifts, snow groomers, snowmaking equipment)
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for preventative maintenance and repair procedures
- Working independently and with others to solve mechanical and technical problems, often training other employees in proper preventative maintenance practices
- Welding/Fabricating for Mountain Operations as well as other departments on resort
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- 433A Industrial Mechanic Millwright certification
- OSSD or completion of high school equivalency (GED)
- Valid Ontario “G” class driver’s license, with a clean driver’s abstract
- Previous experience or certification with ski lifts, ropeways and other elevating devices an asset
- Previous experience with industrial pumps, air compressors and gearboxes
- Proficient in reading diagrams and schematic drawings
- Skilled in welding and fabrication
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer the largest downhill mountain biking facility in Ontario, Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.