Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal DevOps Engineer
at Alterra Mountain Company
Alterra Mountain Company (the Company) is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The Ikon Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. The Company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Seeking experienced DevOps Engineer Principal to provide systems and infrastructure support to the company’s agile software development processes. Coordinates across teams, sets standards, build, test, and release processes with developers, QA engineers, and systems administrators. Leads environments from development to production, for resort systems and integrations. Will work with IT Operations to manage server and network infrastructure to provide a stable, secure, and robust platform for company applications. Will manage a team of engineers and senior engineers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work with IT Ops & Security to manage infrastructure, across on-premise and Azure deployments.
- Manage complex environments across Azure.
- Manager of engineers and senior engineers
- Sets Dev Ops standards across teams.
- Creating enterprise architecture and participates in the ARB as a key member by recommending and contributing standards to the ARB for projects across teams.
- Ensure stable platforms and processes for software development, deployment (CI/CD), source control, and test/QA.
- Develop CI/CD processes, tooling and methodology in conjunction with IT Ops, QA and development resources.
- Leads integration with internal and external tools and data. Administer object relational mapping (ORM).
- Lead and design software upgrades.
- Maintains high performance and availability of websites and build-test-deploy pipeline.
- Lead and manage developers in quickly creating new projects, development environments, and deployment pipelines.
- Automate and optimize processes to reduce manual workload
Travel details (if required):
Some travel may be required
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with software development and deployments processes and environments, including CI/CD, source control (SVN, Git).
- People management experience preferred
- Budgeting experience preferred
- Experience acting as key developer and designer of cloud environments
- Experience with Azure, including resource provisioning, Infrastructure as Code / ARM, Terraform templates, networking and security principles.
- Expert level with Docker, Kubenetes, Service Bus, Event Hub, RabbitMQ
- Experience administering ETL processes, feeds, and other data integrations.
- Experience monitoring and designing enterprise applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field, or relevant job experience
- 10 years DevOps / Software Engineering experience
- 10 years of experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- 5 years of experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines
- 10 years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer / Systems Administrator / Software Developer. Must have management experience leading engineering teams and processes. Must be able to play leadership role in building new systems, in addition to managing existing systems and leading across teams and setting standards.
- 10 years of experience
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 25% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily performed indoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard
Web site and e-commerce outages can create a high level of stress and mental strain.
Outages can occur at any time requiring response after hours and on days off.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mountain Company and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mountain Company or any of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time without or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado and the work is primarily in Denver, Colorado and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mountain Company and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company and its affiliates adhere to all applicable U.S., Canadian labor and employment laws, including all State or Provincial-specific labor and employment regulations.