Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SB - Central Cashier - Summer Seasonal - Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The Central Cashier position must have previous high-level cashiering experience and be able to work independently with little supervision.
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best summer vacation destination, play in the outdoors and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guests service with a friendly attitude, then you’re ready to join our team. If you’re dream job includes working in the sunshine, interacting with guests, rewarding work, rides on a mountain coaster, employee parties and more, we’d love to hear from you!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Verify and prepare deposits
• Assist with change orders and other operational cash requirements
• Perform data entry
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• High school diploma preferred
• Previous cash handling experience (cashier, bank teller, etc.)
• Must be able to operate a calculator
• Microsoft Excel experience preferred
• Must work independently with little supervision
• Must be able to focus on several tasks at a time and complete the task while having frequent interruptions
• Requires being able to arrive on a timely basis as well as to ensure coverage
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Must be able to move about frequently and quickly in an office area
• Will work in an enclosed room with no windows for an extended period of time
• This is an hourly paid position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
• Some shifts require morning hours
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer