Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SB - Hotel Banquet Captain - Seasonal - On Call
at Alterra Mountain Company
Our Hotel Banquets team needs a leader. Must have at least two (2) years of relevant food service experience or comparative education, math skills, and effectively communicate in English.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Plan, supervise, and coordinate the daily operations of assigned banquets
• Consults with Banquet Manager or Executive chef of such items as serving arrangements, additional employees, and equipment
• Develops and implements hiring and training programs to ensure all positions are adequately staffed with trained personnel
• Supervise and assist with all operations which may include: setting tables, stocking service stations, taking orders from customers and serving, clearing and cleaning tables, setting up bars and other service stations as needed
• Provide superior service to all customers (internal and external) at all times.
• Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous efficient manner
• Complete daily billing of all banquet event orders and billing
• Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• Previous banquet experience preferred
• Must have at least two years of relevant food service experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
• Basic administrative, math and supervisory skills and some previous supervisory experience preferred
• Experience working with a variety of commercial food service equipment preferred
• Must adhere to all safety policies
• Problem solve in a highly effective manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including management, subordinates and co-workers
• Be a consistent role model for company’s Service Excellence standards
• Must lift approximately 75 lbs.
• Must communicate clearly in the English language
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer