Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SB - Hotel Server - Summer Seasonal - Full/Part Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
SERVERS needed for the Steamboat Grand Cabin Restaurant. Applicants are expected to have at least one (1) full year of serving fine dining experience preferred; and current TIPS certification being required.
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best summer vacation destination, play in the outdoors and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guests service with a friendly attitude, then you’re ready to join our team. If you’re dream job includes working in the sunshine, interacting with guests, rewarding work, rides on a mountain coaster, employee parties and more, we’d love to hear from you!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.
• Set tables, stock service stations with supplies, beverages and condiments
• Take orders for food and/or beverages and serve to customers
• Clean, refresh and straighten service station and other work areas
• Work in a very busy, fast paced environment
• Handle both ala carte and buffet dining options simultaneously
• Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) always
• Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guest and respond to all guests in a courteous efficient manner
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• One year prior experience serving in a full service restaurant preferred
• One year fine dining serving experience preferred
• Current Alcohol Awareness/T.I.P.S. certification is required
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be minimum 18 years of age
• Lift up to approximately 40 lbs.
• Stand for long periods of time
• This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer