Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Graphic Designer
at Alterra Mountain Company
Alterra Mountain Company is a community of iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley and Solitude in Utah; Crystal Mountain in Washington; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Reporting directly to the VP of Brand Marketing, the Graphic Designer is someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs to support the Marketing efforts of the Ikon Pass and Alterra Mountain Company’s cross-functional teams. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the hospitality and experiential industry. They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to hit the ground running with a proficiency in design, design software, and multi-tasking. Applicants with ad agency experience and the ability to design for multi-media will be given prime consideration. This role will be charged with designing creative assets that fit within the existing guidelines of the Brand(s) and within the seasonal campaigns established by the creative agency of record. The role will interact daily with VP of Brand, partner Copywriter, Production Manager and other internal channel stakeholders who are in need of a creative resource.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials for both traditional and digital media, including: digital banners, website takeovers, social media, video, email, brochures, signage, print ads, swag items.
- Work within the brand standards and often an existing campaign platform, established by the creative AOR.
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs, videos and other components necessary for the creation of a new marketing communication element.
- Report to Brand Marketing and often work with a cross-functional marketing team and outside ad agencies to receive project input and feedback on marketing materials created.
- Closely work with a copywriter, as a creative partner, to develop creative concepts and content that achieves marketing objectives
- Liaison with resort photographers and videographers to obtain imagery that is required to complete a project.
- Manage, organize, and tag a growing archive of stock photography and video assets across our resort portfolio.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art Design, or equivalent area of focus
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Graphic Designer or Art Director role. No exception.
- Experience in the travel/hospitality/outdoor/sport industries. No exception.
- Expert proficiency with Adobe CC - Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. No exceptions.
- Moderate proficiency in Adobe Premier and/or Apple Cut Final Pro for basic video content creation/editing. No exceptions.
- Moderate proficiency in HTML5. Must be able to produce display banners. No exceptions.
- Moderate proficiency in Power Point for presentation development
- Adaptive design skills working across multi-media (digital and print) for integration
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with file formatting for print and digital
- Previous experience in Basecamp or equivalent project management tool to facilitate the creative process
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Comfortable in working in a fast paced environment and collaborative work space
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback to optimize the creative product
- To be considered for this position, you must provide an on-line creative portfolio representing your experience in multi-media creative development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alterra Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this position, the responsibilities of this position may change.