Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Race - Seasonal - Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The Race Supervisor is responsible for managing daily training, scheduling, and managing and inputting payroll. They will also ensure the overall quality of Race products by monitoring the on-hill performance of staff, providing feedback, coaching to staff in a timely manner, and performing service recovery to guests when necessary. With the support of the Head Coach, they will assist in ensuring clear lines of communication, support with budget guidelines, and performance objectives.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Full Time Hours
- Resort perks:
- Free Ski/Snowboard Pass;
- Discounted lift tickets you can share with your friends;
- Free rentals;
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Responsible for training and ensuring Race Coaches have clear expectations and guidelines for daily tasks and assignments.
- Provide daily on hill support to staff, setting clear expectations, while motivating, coaching and recognizing great performance.
- Ensuring product consistency, providing immediate response to product or service shortfalls.
- Inputting and ensuring accuracy of payroll for all Race Coaches.
- Assist Race Administrators with the development and maintenance of Race Coaches’ schedule.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Previous SOD, OCUP and FIS coaching experience is necessary.
- ACA Development Level Certified is preferred (will consider Development Level Trained with sufficient coaching experience).
- CSIA certification an asset.
- ACA licensed coach and a member in good standing.
- Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Valid first aid and CPR an asset.
- Successful applicants who are 18 years of age and older will be required to complete a Criminal Background Check (Vulnerable Sector)
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain village resort, is nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and spans across the beautiful Niagara Escarpment. Blue Mountain has evolved into a true four-season destination, and continually ranks among the top family-friendly resorts in Canada.
Whether you choose to stay with us for a Season or a Career, Blue Mountain is The Place To Be. Choosing a career at Blue Mountain Resort means joining a family of progressive, innovative and entrepreneurial co-workers who are passionate about the resort industry. From the people behind the books to the leaders on the front line, we are all dedicated to providing the best experience possible for guests and associates alike.
Alterra Mountain Company, headquartered in Denver Colorado, owns Blue Mountain Resort.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.