Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
U14/U16 OCUP Coach - Seasonal - Part/Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The U14/U16 OCUP Coach is a committed and experienced representative of Alpine Skiing. They will be responsible for planning, training, and management the development of the BMR Jozo Weider athletes and supporting with their short- and long-term performance goals.
Alongside the Head Coach, this individual facilitates and manages the fall dry-land program as well as ensures athletes fulfill all AOA testing protocols.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Part Time/Full Time Hours (Part Time Sept-Nov, Full Time Nov-April)
- Resort perks:
- Free Ski/Snowboard Pass;
- Discounted lift tickets you can share with your friends;
- Free rentals;
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Responsible for planning both on and off snow training programs for the entire season; including dryland, pre-season camps, and competition schedules.
- Manage expectations and goals for individual athletes participating in the program, supporting them to reach their fullest potential and performance goals.
- Ensure health and safety of athletes at both local and national training programs and competitions.
- Support with managing logistics of training and competition schedules.
- Travel to training camps at both local and national locations.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Previous SOD, OCUP and FIS coaching experience is necessary.
- ACA Development Level Certified is essential (will consider Development Level Trained with sufficient coaching experience).
- ACA licensed coach and a member in good standing.
- Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Valid first aid and CPR an asset.
- Successful applicants who are 18 years of age and older will be required to complete a Criminal Background Check (Vulnerable Sector)
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer the largest downhill mountain biking facility in Ontario, Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.