Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WP - Food & Beverage - Crew Member - Summer Season - FT/PT
at Alterra Mountain Company
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the customer with courteous and professional service. Skills acquired in this position include operating various types of food service equipment, food preparation and service, and providing a clean, sanitary and safe working environment. This person is responsible for assuring the compliance of applicable rules and regulations of the National Food Service Industry and of Applied Food Service Sanitation. Consistently follow the Winter Park employee handbook.
- Treat our guests like gold – greet, interact, and thank.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as assigned by Supervisors.
- Prepare for anticipated demand. This includes stocking work area with daily needs.
- Assist in a variety cooking areas with basic skill knowledge.
- Ensure that products to be served in work area are prepared and ready for service in time for opening each day.
- Provides excellent guest service in area of responsibility.
- Assist F&B warehousemen with stocking of work area.
- Keep work area clean throughout the day. This includes all food service counters, floors walls, coolers, storerooms, bussing and restrooms as required.
- Assist in general cleaning of all F&B areas in unit, including restrooms and dining areas.
- Keep serving lines, condiment stands and drink lines stocked with proper levels of disposables and products.
- Assisting in dish room and pot and pan areas as required.
- Perform any closing and clean-up procedures as required.
- Occasional on the job training of new employees.
- Assisting with bussing needs in guest area.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees.
- Report and take appropriate action to correct unsafe or unsanitary conditions or policy infractions within in work area, or within the resort.
- Be aware of area cleanliness.
- Adhere to uniform and personal standards as set forth in the company handbook, or as designated by F&B employee handbook or management.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED required
Food and Beverage experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
FOOD SERVICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.