Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WP - Mountain Maintenance - Lift Electrical Tech III - Year Round - FT
at Alterra Mountain Company
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
The Lift Electrical Technician III is responsible for the daily maintenance and operational functionality of the electrical systems for Winter Parks Lifts. They are responsible for training, directing, and scheduling others in designing, installing, maintaining and inspecting electrical systems used in passenger tramways at Winter Park Resort as well as assuring personnel are up to date on required trainings. The Technician III works under the direction of the Director of Mountain Maintenance and/or Lift Electrical Supervisor, and fills in during the event of their absence. The will ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures of Winter Park Resort, USFS, CPTSB, ANSI B77, OSHA and departmental standards.
- Performs and directs Lift Electrical personnel in completing routine Electrical maintenance and inspections up to Winter Park Resort, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board, United States Forest Service, American National Standards Institute, Lift manufacturer and insurance carrier standards.
- Designs, installs and tests electrical systems used in passenger tramways as per Winter Park Resort, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board, United States Forest Service, American National Standards Institute, Lift manufacturer and insurance carrier standards.
- Trains and coordinates the training of employees in all aspects of Lift Electrical maintenance, safety procedures and documentation of maintenance as required.
- Ensures Winter Park has adequate electrical supplies and spare parts to perform their duties while keeping budgetary requirements in mind.
- Fills in for the Director of Mountain Maintenance and/or Electrical Supervisor as needed.
- May be responsible as M.O.D. when Lift Electrical Supervisor or Mountain Maintenance Director are not on site.
- Other duties as assigned.
Conducts evaluation and performance reviews of other Lift Electrical personnel.
- Trains, directs, and schedules others in designing, installing, maintaining and inspecting electrical systems.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Master Lift Electric Technician/ Lift Electrical Technician II or equivalent.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 75 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to distinguish differences in colored wires.
- Must be able to work effectively at heights 75 feet or more above ground.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.