Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WP-Mountain Maintenance - Lift Maintenance Technician II - Year Round- FT
at Alterra Mountain Company
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The Mechanic Lift II completes mechanical maintenance, modification, construction, and inspection of lifts as directed at Winter Park. They will ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations of Winter Park Recreational Association, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board, United States Forest Service, American National Standards Institute, lift manufacturers and insurance carriers. In addition, the Mechanic II will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Watch for hazards and potential hazards involving passengers, employees and machinery.
- Report and/or correct conditions which may negatively affect guest or employee safety.
- In the event of an emergency, follow Winter Park Resort and Lift Department policies and procedures.
- Attend periodic safety meetings to increase safety awareness.
- Wears appropriate safety equipment.
- Performs routine mechanical maintenance on lifts to maintain lifts up to Winter Park Recreational Association, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board, United States Forest Service, American National Standards Institute, lift manufacturer and insurance carrier standards.
- Builds, and installs modifications as per Winter Park Recreational Association, Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board, United States Forest Service, American National Standards Institute, lift manufacturer and insurance carrier standards.
- Performs annual routine maintenance and periodic inspections on lifts to ensure reliability and compliance with applicable standards.
- Troubleshoots lift problems as they occur.
- Performs pre-operational lift start-up inspection to ensure that each lift is ready to run each day.
- Operates shop equipment and power and hand tools both in the shop and on the mountain in the repair and maintenance of lifts.
- Advise the Lift Maintenance Supervisor of changing conditions or occurrences that may adversely affect the lift machinery and/or its passengers.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Education - High school diploma or GED is required.
- Specialized training - Successful completion of an accredited mechanics course (2 semesters) that included welding, blueprint reading, mechanics, and precision measuring instrument use.
- At least two years’ experience in the mechanical maintenance field, or a related field. Experience may be substituted for specialized training; two years’ experience for one year specialized training.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill, and Ability requirements
- Knowledge of hydraulics and low voltage circuitry are desirable, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current standard first aid card is desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.