STRIVE Preparatory Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Principal of Math and Science Instruction (FMLA Coverage)
at STRIVE Preparatory Schools
Position: Assistant Principal of Math and Science Instruction (Grades 6-8)
Reports to: School Principal
Location: STRIVE Prep - Kepner - SW Denver, CO
Do you want to lead and empower the STRIVE Prep - Kepner school community to advance a culture of inclusivity and high performance leading to breakthrough results for each student, inclusive of special education and emergent bilinguals?
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
This position is a full-time Assistant Principal role for the 2019-20 school year, to cover multiple FMLA coverage needs throughout the network, starting with STRIVE Prep - Kepner from July 2019 - December 2019.
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of K-12 public charter schools, that challenges every student to discover and develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. STRIVE Prep - Kepner serves 241 brilliant
THE MUST HAVES
- You know and love instruction: Your achievements in attaining strong academic results when you were in the classroom inspire and fuel you to provide all STRIVE Prep teachers at your campus with the development and support necessary to do the same. You love internalizing content, unpacking standards, and modeling different classroom instructional practices and classroom management moves in order to help add tools to the toolbelt of teachers striving to have strong routines, procedures, instructional practices and outcomes for students.
- You are people whisperer with a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) lens: You proactively build meaningful and authentic relationships with the teachers you coach, staff, and all students through equal parts
care,support, and accountability. You value diverse perspectives, seek feedback to inform the work, and innately keep those on the margins top of mind, which enables you to truly maintain an inclusive school environment. You intentionally build context, and authentically listen to others without judgment or offense--which enables you to individualize your approach and manage effectively across lines of difference. You bring a deep belief in equity and action-oriented commitment to advancing DEI work, and you galvanize others to do the same.
- You will stop at nothing to ensure breakthrough academic results: You routine provide high impact feedback to create exponential improvements in teacher effectiveness over time. You have an unyielding belief and trust in the brilliance of each teacher you coach which enables you to collaboratively set high standards of excellence with clear expectations for achieving them. You make these standards a reality through detailed preparation for coaching meetings and a disciplined approach to execution.
- Provide highly effective, regular instructional coaching that is differentiated to coach each teacher to breakthrough academic results
- Lead planning meetings with teachers to ensure teachers consistently and effectively deliver rigorous standards-aligned content to students daily
- Support teachers in analyzing student work and data to close instructional gaps and ensure strong student mastery of daily objectives and grade level content standards
- Support the campus instructional coaching program in close coordination with the Principal
- Consistently and effectively model revolutionary instruction and management strategies
- Support the Principal and admin team to implement strong systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming school environment including serving as the Administrator on Duty.
- Use real-time coaching and support teachers in creating strong classroom routines and procedures to ensure all classrooms are safe and conducive to student learning
- Support the school-wide incentive and discipline systems, student events, and family and community engagement opportunities.
- Ensure that students are safe and maximize learning time by upholding school-wide behavioral expectations and supporting larger student discipline issues.
- Provide daily leadership during community gatherings that set the tone for
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit input and share student social and academic progress, while empowering teachers to do the same.
- Assist with student recruitment and enrollment.
- Participate in professional development provided by the STRIVE Prep network and your campus Principal throughout the school year.
- Attend, participate and when relevant help lead weekly summer training, staff meetings, professional development
andgrade level meetings
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Minimum of three years of math or science teaching experience in an urban setting (required) at the middle or high school level (strongly preferred).
- Minimum of one year of instructional coaching in at the middle or high school level (strongly preferred).
- Has experience in sheltered instruction and supporting diverse learners (preferred).
- Holds at least a bachelor’s degree (required).
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated success in working with students of color (strongly preferred).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep works to make a college prep education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment. STRIVE Prep is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our culture of inclusion is rooted in the belief that when we create the conditions that align…
- Your unique gifts (Bring your full self, skills/knowledge, & unique lens on the work)
- Your purpose/desire for impact (What challenges do you most want to tackle?)
- The organization’s needs (STRIVE Prep’s strategic goals and value we seek from this role)
...then you will have the opportunity every day to leverage your individual and collective team strengths to ensure our students are Learning to Change the World. We create these conditions with intentional, strengths-based coaching through an equity and inclusion lens, and a culture that leverages the rich diversity of our team to achieve breakthrough results for our students.
Contact Susan Andersen at email@example.com