STRIVE Preparatory Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dean of Culture
at STRIVE Preparatory Schools
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond.
Our inclusive and transformative community seeks a Dean of Culture for an immediate start for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
Objective: STRIVE Prep Dean of Culture will create exceptional outcomes and opportunities for students by implementing behavior systems to ensure students safety and success.
The successful Dean of Culture will perform the following essential functions of the role:
- Execute school-wide culture systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit input and share student social and academic progress, while empowering teachers to do the same.
- Design and implement student events, and parental and community engagement opportunities.
- Manage campus culture, behavioral MTSS, and discipline systems and support intervention
plansto support students with social and emotional needs.
- Lead grade-level teams and teachers to develop and implement successful behavior plans.
- Meet regularly with Grade Level Lead/Chair(s) to further develop capacity to lead a positive and proactive grade-level team.
- Collaborate with school leader to design and implement excellent professional development.
- Ensure that students are safe and maximize learning time by upholding school-wide behavioral and academic expectations.
- Provide daily leadership during community gatherings that set the tone for
- Serve as a key member of the campus-based Leadership Team.
- Assist with student recruitment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience (preferred).
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners (preferred)
- Demonstrated success working with middle school students of color (preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
STRIVE works to make a college prep education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment. STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our culture of inclusion is rooted in the belief that when we create the conditions that align…
- Your unique gifts (Bring your full self, skills/knowledge, & unique lens on the work)
- Your purpose/desire for impact(What challenges do you most want to tackle?)
- The organization’s needs(STRIVE’s strategic goals and value we seek from this role)
...then you will have the opportunity every day to leverage your individual and collective team strengths to ensure our students are Learning to Change the World. We create these conditions with intentional, strengths-based coaching through an equity and inclusion lens, and a culture that leverages the rich diversity of our team to inform the work and achieve breakthrough results for our students.
Contact Desiree' Beckett at firstname.lastname@example.org