STRIVE Preparatory Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Middle School Art Teacher (2019-20 School Year)
at STRIVE Preparatory Schools
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills
Our inclusive and transformative community seeks a Middle School Art Teacher for the 2019-20 school year.
Objective: STRIVE Prep Secondary Art Teachers will create exceptional outcomes and opportunities for students by providing high-quality, rigorous and engaging instruction.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
- Con Ganas: The work we do is challenging, but every challenge is seen as an opportunity and we rarely give up.
- The High Road: We do the right thing and we treat one another with respect and dignity.
- Joy Factor: We work to create a joyful and optimistic work environment that values levity and laughter.
- Accountable Action: We hold clear, high expectations for our work, and we are appropriately held accountable to those expectations by ourselves and others.
- Growth Mindset: We continue to develop professionally and operate with a growth mindset in order to create the best school possible for our students and families.
- Lean In: We
communicatewith one another professionally, appropriately, honestly, and transparently, both in person and in writing.
- We Serve: Every day is an opportunity to partner with and learn from our students and families, whom we serve with grace and humility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead engaging,
datainstruction in Art. driven
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, the English Language Development Director and the special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Be available to students by phone every evening, Monday-Thursday, for homework assistance until 8:00 p.m.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
Ownthe success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Achieve Qualified Teacher status (teacher’s license not required) within six weeks of starting through one of the following channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education:
- A valid Colorado Teacher License in the applicable endorsement area;
- Sufficient college coursework (or degree in
- Passing score for the applicable Praxis ii or Colorado PLACE exam.
In addition, we strongly prefer the following:
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners
- Demonstrated success working with middle school students of color
What We Offer Our Network Staff:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately eight weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.
Join This Movement:
STRIVE Prep educators inspire and encourage our students to think critically, communicate clearly, and collaborate openly, both in and outside of the classroom. By bringing together challenging academics with celebration and joy, we
Equity and Inclusion
STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We must challenge ourselves as educators on what it means to serve all students, families and each other through a lens of Dignity for All, all the time. To us, Dignity for All means honoring and respecting the rich diversity of who we are and the unique gifts and talents that each of us
Questions?Contact Susan Andersen (Director of Talent Acquisition) at firstname.lastname@example.org